Do you need a Personal Injury Lawyer near you?
Close, personal service and focus to resolve your case
An injury can come in a flash: a car crash, a truck suddenly crossing into your lane, your bike being run off the road. Your road to recovery may be long and painful. However, you need to one day be able to put your injuries behind you. There is a lawyer for you, who knows your rights and how to fight for you.
If someone else is at fault, you need to get full payment for your medical bills, lost income, and pain and suffering. Since 1991, the Law Offices of David L. Hood has fought for injured people and their loved ones throughout South Carolina. We have built a solid name for client service, strong advocacy and very positive results.
A lawyer who handles a variety of injury cases
When you need to hire a lawyer, one thing to look for is a lawyer with lots of contact with cases like yours. In more than 30 years of injury practice, we have resolved many cases in these areas:
- Car accidents — We work to ensure that gravely injured drivers, passengers, bikers, walkers and bicyclists receive the full payment they deserve. Call today for your free consult.
- Truck accidents — In 2016, the SCDPS reported that semi-trailers were implicated in 814 injury collisions that claimed 53 lives. These accidents are complex, which is why we get the experts needed for the best possible results. We also represent victims of truck accidents throughout the state. Call, email or text now if you have questions!
- Work accidents — With most job injuries, the victim must rely on Workers’ Comp as their only remedy. However, if someone else (not on the job) causes the work injury, then they could also be found at fault. An example would be a truck driver who gets hit by another driver. The injured worker can file a Workers’ Comp claim, then file a lawsuit to recover personal injury damages. Let us help you!
- Medical malpractice — We fight to hold negligent healthcare providers accountable for injuries to patients. Call today for answers!
- Motorcycle accidents— Riding a bike can be a blast. However, we all know bikes can be dangerous. Usually because the other drivers aren’t paying attention. And the injuries are often very serious and sometimes deadly. Let us help you so you and your family can move on down the road.
We accept injury cases on a contingency basis, so we never charge attorney fees upfront. You only pay us after you’ve gotten a settlement or court verdict.
Damages available for injuries in South Carolina
Damages fall into two main categories:
- Economic damages — You can claim your medical bills related to your injury, now and in the future, as losses. If you’ve missed work due to the injury, you can recover your lost earnings and benefits. If your injury will prevent you from making a living in the future, you can claim lost future earnings.
- Noneconomic damages — These are losses such as your pain and mental suffering, scars, loss of quality of life, and enjoyment of life. It is very difficult to put a dollar amount on these losses, which is why it’s important to get reliable advice from an experienced attorney. We have over 30 years helping people figure out all their damages. Call today to see how we can help you!
As your legal agent, we seek the max amount of payment possible under the facts of your case. You can trust us to be forceful in the pursuit of justice for you and your family!
Contact a tough personal injury lawyer with offices across South Carolina
The Law Offices of David L. Hood provides highly responsive staff and counsel for clients seriously hurt in injury cases. To schedule a free consult, call, email or text us at 843-491-6025 or contact any of our offices online. If your injuries prevent you from coming to our office, we can come to you.